Friday, June 4, 2010

Another Glimpse...

...into a project I'm working on for my Etsy shop Poladora, which will open soon!


Now this is not your grandmother's quilt! (I never do anything within the rules.) This is just a sneak peek of a wall hanging (quilt), but with a twist. Well, a few, actually. When finished (not), it will be considered a Nine-Patch Pizzazz. I like to call it my "Veggie Pizza Pizzazz". This quilt will be extraordinary when completed, with its mostly hand-quilting (some machine quilting too), appliques, hand-beading with glass beads from Japan (they make the best beads), the highest quality pure cotton batting, unusual subject (nine-patch pizzazz quilts are usually made from large flower patterns or scenic themes - mine is vegetables!), and the number of (quality) hours that have gone into it (and continue to!)...

Expensive? Yes. But, I have some fabric left and plan to make some fun things that will be less-expensive for those who fall in love with this happy fabric of all veggies. Even though Poladora will be more to the high-end, I will always make an attempt to have things available for anyone's budget, so that everyone can get into the fun of my unusual creations.


I have warned you - "expect the unexpected..." and if you do, you will always be pleasantly surprised.

Smile - it's (almost) summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment