Thursday, July 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Tereena...

Well, I finally got together with my daughter Tereena. We met for his gifts and went out for pizza together with three of my grandchildren, and Dad and Grandpa as well. Soooo, now I can show you what I made for her from the fabric "Dolce", that I showed you earlier...

This is a "totse" (that's pronounced "TOTE-SEE" - part tote, part purse). I used three different fabrics from the designer line "Dolce". The bottom of the totse is all hand-embroidered and beaded with some machine quilting. (I like to hand-embroider whenever possible since it seems to be a dying art these days with the new embroidery machines that make it so easy. OK, I confess, I own one of those machines myself...)

The straps are double-quilted with Warm & Natural all cotton batting for ease on the hand when carrying something heavy. The totse is machine wash and dry and can be ironed.

The next picture illustrates the lining, complete with pockets for glasses, cell phone, and/or passport, and a machine wash and dry removable hard bottom.

This picture simply illustrates the square bottom of the totse.

And finally, the dress...just like the one my grandmother made for me when I was graduating from eighth grade - can you believe it? It's just a simple empire waist, all cotton dress with an invisible zipper. The bodice is lined with the coordinating Dolce fabric that you see on the bottom of the totse. I added side pockets just for fun...

This ensemble, you will not see on my Etsy site, Poladora. But, there will be other similar creations - and remember, no two items will ever be the same.

2 comments:

  1. Looks just beautiful! I'll bet she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! She did love it. Only one problem...now she wants more! LOL

    ReplyDelete