Thursday, November 18, 2010

Golden Harvest Progress...

I have finished the "embellishments" on the top of this mini Pizzazz quilt. I've used shiny metallic thread to outline some of the prominent golden outlined elements, and beaded where I thought it would make the most impact. This is the part of the process that takes the longest amount of time.

This represents the beading I did in the center of the daisy mums. The size of the beads are 11/0 in a matte brown with some speckle.
This photo shows the beading I did to enhance the berries. I used a lighter color in the center and darker cranberry beads around the outer areas to create a three dimensional look. These beads are also 11/0 glass beads in a shiny-clear finish. The center beads are clear on the outside and colored pink on the inside.
This last photo represents some of the gold beading I did to follow the swirling on one of the coordinating fabrics in the piece. These are precision made Aico gold coated glass beads, size 11/0 in hexagon shape and a matte finish.

The next step is to sew the backing fabric to the top and begin "quilting" the two pieces together.

No comments:

Post a Comment