Friday, May 28, 2010

A Glimpse Now & Then...

Of the type of work I do and a few sneak peaks will be coming your way as I ready myself for going full-time to my Etsy shop Poladora.

One of the things I enjoy most about my design work, is that I have a rare diversity in the different mediums I can use. For example, I really enjoy mixing mediums you wouldn't normally think to put together in one project. How about a one-off hanging quilt that combines hand and machine quilting, along with all pure cottons in both batting and fabric, with a touch of hand embroidery and hand beading? I'm currently working on such a project called "Veggie Pizza". Of course, all of my works of art are named. That way, when you adopt one of my creations, you'll have a name for something you can think of as something you'll be giving a good home to. It's very important to me that the people who purchase my art enjoy them as much, if not more, than I do. And I promise you, I will not create or offer anything for sale that I do not love myself.

Custom work is my favorite and I can do anything from create jewelry to match an outfit (I do weddings), bead a jacket or piece you already own to add pizzazz, or create the custom pieces of the SISSY line.

More on the Poladora to come...

Take Care - and smile. There must be something that is a blessing in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment