Friday, May 14, 2010

Special Daughters...



This is a picture I took of one of the roses in the beautiful red rose bouquet I received from my daughter for Mother's Day. As usual, there is no end to the surprises that I receive from my daughter Treece.

I am very fortunate in that I have four daughters (and 2 granddaughters I might add). But this post is about my "special" daughter - Treece.

I once heard that God only gives special children to those parents who can handle it. I often doubted that since I found myself losing patience with her many times. However, much has happened, life goes on, and my lovely daughter is now in her 30s (but I'm not really that old). She is the oldest of my five children (and 6 grandchildren, I might add - again), And, she is the hardest, and she is the easiest. She is the most stubborn, and she is the most forgiving. She is the most self-absorbed, and she is the most giving. She also has the hardest shell, but is by far the sweetest.

What a paradox! What a gift. Just when I think I have figured her out (or I am convinced that she hates me), she surprises me. God has truly blessed me with Treece and I now know it. I am hoping that opening my boutique "Poladora", will give me a wealth of opportunity for Treece and me to live, love, laugh, and learn together.

No comments:

Post a Comment