Monday, June 7, 2010

Embellishment...

...is the spice of life...

Even something as simple as an English paper pieced hexagon cluster can be embellished with hand stitching and glass beads. It gives your work a more three-dimensional look than even quilting does. I took this cluster of hexagons and hand-quilted them to a piece of Warm and Natural batting. Then, I hand-stitched the quilted cluster to a base of (double) terry cloth to create a hot pad for a kitchen counter. (I used my new Simplicity bias tape maker for the polka-dot edge - yipee!)


This is a close up of some of the hand detail. The hot pad will be going to the daughter who taught me English Paper Piecing (after all, these are her colors and her fabric!)...

Things that sit around my house are often embellished in one form or another... look out Teddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment