Sunday, July 18, 2010

How's This for Texture?...


Introducing...

"Vanilla Bean
Mocha Meringue".

Vanilla Bean completes the family of color schemes I will be using with the Mocha Meringue coordinates of fabric that I have.


The other two are Dark Chocolate and Hazelnut.

This particular coordinate presented a great opportunity for puckering, as well as selective beading. This is a real closeup so the beads are smaller than they look. For those beaders out there, they are size 11/0. (The next smallest size is what I like to call bead "dust" - and yes, I am crazy enough to use beads that small as well.)

This is a wider view of above - another toss pillow for the Mocha Meringue family that I finished today. The back and one-half of the front is crocheted using one of the most deliciously soft yarns I've ever used. I just want to sit and pet the pillow. (Of course, I'd get the "look" from Teddy if I did that.) The beads on the fabric are itty bitty hexagons that are precision made (to be perfect), from glass and are coated with a mixture of metals including sterling silver and real gold. The pillow is hand-made, hand-embroidered, and hand-beaded (such patience...).

Here is just another "family photo" of Mocha Meringue...
Back to work!...


No comments:

Post a Comment