Thursday, November 4, 2010

Golden Harvest...

...will be the name I give this Thanksgiving mini pizzazz decorative quilt when it is finished! All you can see here are just the individual pieces laid out on my board in the pattern that I want to stitch it together in.

I try to look at each pizzazz as a painting and envision a source of light coming in from one corner at the top and washing down the "canvas" to the bottom opposite corner. This gives me an opportunity to "weight" the patches and it makes it easier to decide which patches should go where.

I can't guarantee that this mini pizzazz will turn out the way you see it here - because you just never know with me since I'm never satisfied! (I'm a first born perfectionist - it' a sickness...) But I thought you'd like to see part of the process in any event.

Isn't this a gorgeous fabric? It's soooo Fall - sooo harvest - soooo elegant...stop me please!

No comments:

Post a Comment