Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's Just a Matter of Time...

 ... before I figure out what to do with this.

I was taking apart a vintage watch for the parts to make some steampunk jewelry (I use the real stuff - not store bought parts), and ended up with this base. Normally, I would have set this aside as the resulting waste of my little project, but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it. Why, you ask? Oh, I don't know - there's something about it. Perhaps the different colors between the base of brass versus the inside circles of the nickle plating. Or maybe it's all of the circles that were created for an active part of this watch's history of keeping time. Or perhaps it's the three little "stars" I see as places that I could attach wire...

There's just something about this "junk" that intrigues me. Someday it will end up in my Internet Boutique Poladora.

Stay tuned to see what I do with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment