Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Worthy Cause...

...No, I am not talking about finishing the Christmas Nine-Patch Pizzazz quilt I blogged about last time. Although I would have liked to finish it in time for Christmas selling, it's not to be...sigh. Perhaps next year.

In the meantime, I thought I'd show you what I am working on - to meet a deadline.

These are parts of some scarves that I've pledged to make for the Special Olympics - Wisconsin. These are their colors and instructions are given on what yarn, what colors, and a deadline for creating these scarves, which will be worn by both the participants and coaches, etc. It's an event of "unity" to be wearing the scarves during the Special Olympics activities. The deadline for shipping the finished scarves you've pledged is January 14th. They may be crocheted or knitted and may include specific phrases.

If you have any interest in this project, you may visit the Project Guidelines page (for Wisconsin), at www.shopredheart.com/default.aspx?PageID=424&ProjectID=3+ (You can probably navigate out of there to your particular state for colors, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment