Monday, May 17, 2010

What CAN You Expect?...

I know I've teased you a little with the "expect the unexpected" phrase for Poladora, my new Etsy shop (soon to open), so I thought it may be beneficial to let you know what you can expect while you wait to be surprised...

I've had a year to think about my little boutique, and I've had a year to see what I like to do the most. The problem is (good for you - bad for me),  that I just love to do so many different things. And, I get bored easily. This means I don't like to keep doing the same things over and over.

Being a first-born perfectionist makes all of this even more of a quandary. But, like everything else in my life, I was determined to make it work. So here are some of the things as a result of who I am and where I've been this past year, that you can expect:

I will never make the same thing twice. (Well, if it's popular, and I just happen to enjoy doing it, I'll make it again but, it will never be the same pattern/color/material/design...whatever, again.) So if you see something you like, give it a good home. I may or may not make something similar again. "One-off" will be the character of the Poladora.




I will never use a fabric/yarn/material - natural or otherwise/metal/bead/raw glass/notion/design/item that I don't love. If it's in my work, I love it. One example would be in fabric. If I don't love the fabric in color/design/feel/sensation/style/quality/emotion it inspires, then I will not use it. For example, some people use what they call "blenders" in their fabric work. These are vague colors/prints that help transform one fabric to another in one piece of work. Blenders are sometimes nice, but I don't buy blenders unless I love them on their own. This is sometimes a way to save money on a large piece of work. I will always put the best with the best to make the very best original piece of work/art that you can count on as being not only the best it can be, but also a one-off of the best quality for its category.

Enough for now - I will continue this subject in another post.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment