Friday, May 21, 2010

What you CAN Expect...

The birth of a logo...soon. I've been working with a dear friend of mine and her colleague in business (they too, are dear friends), on the look I want for Poladora, my new Etsy shop. It's been a complicated project because Poladora actually has three different boutiques within it.

The first little boutique is called S.I.S.S.Y. and will be primarily custom work on an as-ordered basis. I'll list different items, their purpose, and price points on the site. The waiting time will be 4 to 6 weeks. From time to time, I will make something that I am inspired to create within the SISSY family and offer it up for sale on a buy-it-now basis.
SISSY stands for Sensory and Immune System Stimulating Yarns. After much research, the publication of numerous studies through the news outlets, and plain old grandmotherly wisdom, I've come to the conclusion that our kids today are not being exposed to enough germs to allow them to build healthy immune systems during the ages of birth through seven - which is when this typically occurs. With the explosion of childhood illnesses such as ashma, multiple allergies, and worse, I am convinced that earlier exposure to some "normal" environmental fibers can only help.

SISSY products will typically be made of every natural and synthetic fiber I can get my hands on (from all over the world), in the color combination that you order. (You pick the color palette, I get to design it.) With a line of approximately 8 different products from birth through adulthood, SISSY's primary item will be the "SISSY Smart Start", Tummy-Time Play Blanket. This blanket will be meant for use on the floor, used by the baby for tummy time play (with sensory and motor skill stimulation), shared by the entire family (including the pets), and seldom washed. That's right - seldom washed.

I'm not a doctor (and, I don't play one on TV), but I do have kids and grandkids - lots. I've read the studies, I've heard the reports, I've seen it first-hand. But the bottom line is that I'm simply using my grandmotherly intuition and offering up something my own friends and family children have thrived on. It is patent-pending but comes with no medical guarantees. I do guarantee the feeling of a soft, cuddly piece of learning and stimulation that you can enjoy watching your little one (or big one), grow up with.
Remember..."I'm a SISSY so you don't have to be." And, no two SISSYs are alike...


More on SISSY and the other two "boutiques" as we go...


Have a wonderful weekend. Do something fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment