Tuesday, July 6, 2010

How Can Something So Wild...

...look so beautiful?
Believe it or not, this is the flower of the milkweed plant. I took this picture in our woods up north. We have some growing in our evergreens at home as well and I've warned my hubby not to pull them out! That is because they are the plant that is chosen by the Monarch butterfly to lay her eggs on. Once the eggs hatch and turn into caterpillars, they eat the leaves of the milkweed to grow. Eventually, they form a cocoon and later, turn into another beautiful Monarch butterfly.

So you see, just because something is wild, does not necessarily mean that it is not beautiful, or capable of creating something beautiful in its place!

I hope you had a great Fourth of July!

Next time, you'll see more pictures of the project I'm working on in "Dolce" for my daughter's birthday. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment